School of Design
Tell Us About Your Goals
Appy to our School of Design program by telling us your background and goals for studying design. Our instructional team gets to know you as a unique individual, not a number.
Receive Hand-Picked Curriculum, Designed Just For You
Say good-bye to one-size-fits-all curriculum that other schools have. We hand select course content for you from our 9 core courses based on your level and goals to ensure you are getting what you really need.
Enroll and Graduate with Certificate
Build Your Portfolio
After you receive your School of Design certificate, continue to our Portfolio School program to build your unique portfolio projects, website and personal branding so that you are ready to launch your professional design career.
Receive hand-picked, customized learning paths from our School of Design program and receive a Certificate of Design.
Lessons Are Audible
Lessons Are Readable
Lessons Are Watchable
This is a beginner to advanced typography course that takes students from the history of typography, foundation of typography to more advanced topics such as customizing typography and using typography as design elements. It sets a solid foundation for any student who wish to pursue design as a career.
Advanced Color Theories
This is a beginner to advanced color theory course that covers a wide and in-depth topics about color that prepares designers with a solid foundation for advanced level design work in print and digital.
This course goes into great details about one of the three modern visual design foundations – layouts. You will learn best practices in print and digital layouts as well as how the use of imagery affects the effectiveness of layouts. You will also be studying case studies to strengthen your understanding.
This course is designed for the modern collaborative design teams that want to streamline their workflows and create better designs more efficiently. Design system is a relatively new development in the digital design world, but it is becoming more important every day. We will show you how to establish a highly efficient design system for the type of team and work you do.
Advanced UI Design
This course is provides a comprehensive overview of the process of designing for user interface. We walk students through the tools, methodologies, best practices as well as the workflow between design and development.
UI Animation and Interaction
Animation is becoming an increasingly important part in design, especially in our highly interactive world. This course takes you through the process of designing animation from the standpoint of a designer and collaborating with developers to make those highly interactive design come to life.
As a designer, we must understand the brands we design for. If you plan to become a creative director, art director or a freelance designer, understanding branding is a crucial skill because clients rely on our expertise to help them shape the image of their company. This course provides a comprehensive introduction to the branding process specifically for designers.
This course provides a comprehensive overview of the career of an art director. It is a great course for designers who want to graduate to a directorial or management role. It is also great for designers who want to develop art direction skills to better communicate with fellow designers as well as clients.
Designing for Accessibility
We live in a diverse world. Our design must be usable for people with a wide variety of needs and abilities. Designing with accessibility in mind is not an option or a good-to-have, but a must for any designer and design team. This course will take you through the process of designing for accessibility from the ground up.
Stats At A Glance
Learn with Instructors, Not "Mentors"
Learn with established instructors with actual classroom instructional experience, not just a working professional.
Book Any Instructors Any Time
Work with 1 instructor you love or get feedback from different instructors as you wish.
Receive Customized Study Plan
After you enroll, receive a customized step-by-step study plan, hand-crafted just for your learning goals and backgrounds.
Abundance of Portfolio Projects
Unlike “bootcamps” that mostly produce 3 projects, we provide our students with more opportunities to work on long-form projects at the end of each course. You may produce between 6-9 projects depending on your personalized course load.
Some people learn best reading; others prefer watching and some listening. We provide all of these options in our lessons so you can choose to learn however you learn best.
Flexible Completion Time
We will not limit your enrollment time to a certain time frame, which means you can learn at your own pace. Pause and restart any time without needing a request. Your access to the learning platform does not expire!
We are planning to introduce exciting new live features to our classes. These will be free and exclusive for School of Design Certificate students only and will be included in the tuition with no additional fees.
Interactive Group Live Classes
Live Guest Lectures
Conferences and Events
Features Exclusive to Certificate Students
Through years of research and first-hand instructional experience, our team has carefully crafted a learning experience that is different than most.
WHEN YOU ENROLLED
Receive Customized Step-By-Step Study Plan
When you enroll in School of Design, you will be provided with a customized study plan to keep you on track
• Step by step study plan customized just for you to help you stay on track and adjust as your schedule needs
• You can pause and resume your learning any time. Flexibility is built into School of Design.
• We will send you email reminders to keep you on track. You may opt out if desired.
Learn with Established Instructors Not "Mentors"
From years of classroom instruction experience and research, we have learned that professionals who can do their job well don’t necessarily teach well. We make sure our students only learn from those who passed our rigorous teaching test before joining our instructional team.
• Unlike most schools, we only have established instructors who have demonstrated classroom teaching experience in various design topics while also being working industry professionals.
• Our instructors go through teaching training in order to meet our instructional standards.
Work with Any Instructors and Switch Any Time
Most schools assign a “mentor” for you. Some mentors may not click with you, which will impact your learning experience. We want to change that. We let you do your own research and make your own selection, and learn from multiple of them. Book sessions with any instructor available.
• You can book sessions with any instructor of your choice. Just browse their calendar availability and book.
• You can stick with one if you really like them or choose to hear feedback from different instructors every session to get the broadest perspectives possible,
• No need to request to switch instructor, but you can inform us if any instructor is not being helpful.
Our Star Instructors
Meet our growing team of star instructors with years of experience working in the industry as well as actual classroom teaching experience.
Senior Experience Design Lead
Art Director, Designer, Design Educator
Award-Winning Multidisciplinary Designer
School of Design Certificate
• Lowest tuition rate
• Best-value for your education
• Dropout Policy: 90% refund of your entire tuition if you drop out within 1 week; 50% refund of your entire tuition if you drop out after 1 week; 25% refund f your entire tuition if you drop out after 2 weeks and no refund of your entire tuition after 3 weeks of enrollment. Exceptions with customized refund will only be granted with proof of extreme financial hardship, which requires a separate application and review process.
Have Questions? We are here to answer them for you.
IN PARTNERSHIP WITH MERATAS, U.S. Only
Deferred Tuition Agreement
• If you are financing through deferred tuition agreement, you will not qualify for scholarships due to financial risks we assume for this type of financing.
• You submit a down payment of $1,500.
• The rest of the payment, which is $4,500, is deferred until you graduate and obtain a job with more than $30,000 in annual salary or once you hit a 60-day grace period after graduation..
• Payment cap (total lifetime payment) is set at $6,000 and you will not be paying based on your annual salary.
• You can pay back the remainder of the tuition over 12 months after you secured a job or hit your 60-day grace period after graduation.
• Only available to U.S. based students at this time
• Dropout Policy: 90% refund of your down payment if you drop out within 1 week; 50% refund of your down payment if you drop out after 1 week; 25% of your down payment refund if you drop out after 2 weeks and no refund of your down payment after 3 weeks of enrollment. Exceptions with customized refund will only be granted with proof of extreme financial hardship, which requires a separate application and review process.
• Split your tuition payment evenly into 6 smaller payments
• Pay $800/month
• Pay it off over 6 months
• No early payment penalty
• Auto payment setup is required
• Enrollment may be terminated if auto-payment fails and no action is taken after a 5 calendar day grace period upon notice
• Dropout Policy: Based on the total monthly payment you already submitted, you will receive a 90% refund if you drop out within 1 week; 50% refund if you drop out after 1 week; 25% refund if you drop out after 2 weeks and no refund after 3 weeks of enrollment. Exceptions with customized refund will only be granted with proof of extreme financial hardship, which requires a separate application and review process.